Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Quick update!

Greetings page viewers,
I haven't made a post in a while so I thought I would make a quick update. My Kiswahili skills are continuing to improve. I've noticed that some of my Tanzanian friends have seemed impressed, in certain instances, with my vocabulary. It's so satisfying to learn Kiswahili! (and so entertaining for Tanzanians to watch me try to speak) ...perhaps it's because I know that I have to rely on my skills with the language so much to get by. I'm never alone-which is great! because I'm not used to being alone. I feel like I have a Tanzanian family already. Even though communication is broken and peppered with awkward silence- I feel a lot of love. I'm beginning to feel (increasingly as my time here continues to pass) the heart of Tanzania. But anyway, enough of shmarmy stuff; My poops are solid again, I get to eat fried potatoes everyday, I have a red chicken named Lorna, and a troop of nuns are bringing me a new pet Paka (cat), and I live amongst cloud Rainforests. I couldn't be happier with life in Tanzania!

No comments:

Post a Comment